[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
My music review: Stars Dance album by Selena Gomez - Jesus Geeks

My music review: Stars Dance album by Selena Gomez

Who is your favorite group? what is your favorite song? Talk about your own group.

Moderators: gwenhyver42, ~Ęlmįrą~, Dadinator, mojoboy31, Demonhunter, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Narnian525
Regular user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My music review: Stars Dance album by Selena Gomez

Postby Narnian525 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:18 pm

Review on Stars Dance by Selena Gomez:

Stars Dance is Selena's fourth studio album, this time with a more adult pop sound. Selena manages to keep her wording classy while giving a nod to older audiences as well. In this review, I'll be reviewing each track individually, giving my thoughts on each one. Each song has it's own message, with Selena's pov on each one. I've been a fan of Selena's music since 2007, and Stars Dance is my favorite album from her, mainly because she balances dance, creativity, and variety in each song. Though Selena doesn't write her own songs, I still love her music because she works closely with her writers (Who have also written songs for Kelly Clarkson, OneRepublic, and others) and they worked together on each song to find out what worked and what wouldn't, so I think she used good discernment. Without further ado:

1. Birthday (Birthday is a very catchy track. It has a creative and stimulating bass sound throughout to go with the lyrics of being excited that it's your birthday. The main message of Birthday is a simple one: It's for anyone who's feeling good because they're celebrating a birthday. It is a club song at best, and it does include some innuendos, but Selena doesn't necessarily state anything too x rated or mention sex or alcohol, which I appreciate. This is Selena's first song to ever become a hit on the Adult club pop chart. My favorite lines: Feeling fine and free,
Crashing into you, crashing into me
It's all I wanna do, come and dance with me, pretty please

2. Slow Down (Slow Down is a dance track with a 90's inspired sound, in my view. It also has a Dubstep vibe to it, which I love. Selena described this song about living in the moment and not rushing it. She also stated that a majority of her album Stars Dance is dance inspired, because she loves to dance and encourages her fans to dance as well. My favorite lines:
Oh, oh
Can we take it nice and slow, slow
Break it down and drop it low, low
Cause I just wanna party all night in the neon lights 'til you can't let me go

3. Stars Dance (Stars Dance is Selena's most sexually charged single, yet she keeps it classy because she doesn't say anything outright, instead she sings lyrics that have a splash of creative innuendo. As an adult I see nothing wrong with suggestive songs as long as the artist doesn't get overly explicit, I like to balance class with an adult vibe. I'm not sure what Selena's true intention was for Stars Dance, but from my view, it seems that it's a song about two lovers enjoying love making in a unique and high class way. I like to think of this song being about a married couple, and not about sleeping around or a one night stand. My favorite lines:
I can make the stars dance
Light up the moon,
I can make the stars dance
If you want me to
The sky is everywhere,
So meet me under there
I can make the stars dance, dance, dance for you, you, you

4. Like a Champion (Like a Champion has a Jamaican and reggae vibe with inspiring lyrics about being proud of being yourself. Selena said she hopes that her fans see that no matter who they are or what they like, they can all be champions, and have inner self esteem. Like a champion is about embracing your uniqueness, and not changing it. My favorite lines:
We got nothing to lose, we got nothing to prove
Shine like diamonds in the sky
Live it up 'cause baby it's your time

5. Come and Get It (Come and Get It is a pop single with a Bollywood vibe. This song has caused the most controversy with people, because many think that it has a message of being sexually downgrading to women (For example, with the lyrics of When you're ready, come and get it or I'll be sitting right here, real patient). In actuality, Selena said that isn't the real meaning of it, and that the real meaning behind Come and get it is about beauty, nature, inner strength, and inner confidence. My favorite lines:
You got the kind of love that I want, let me get that. (Let me get that yeah)
And baby once I get it, I'm yours no take backs.
Gonna love you for life, I ain't leaving your side
Even if you knock it, ain't no way to stop it
Forever you're mine, baby I'm addicted, no lie, no lie.

6. Forget Forever (Forget Forever is the main break up song on Selena's Stars Dance album. It gives a message from the girl to her guy, explaining how he blew it so much so she's telling him to just forget about them being together anymore. The original working title for this song was "Rule the World" before Selena changed it to Forget Forever. My favorite lines:
Our love was made to rule the world
You left me wanting what we were
Our love was made to rule the world

7. Save the Day (Save the Day is another song about a couple, Selena described this track being about sharing a special moment with someone that you never want to go away (From what I get from the lyrics, I think she's hinting at Prom night or a wedding). My favorite lines:
Kiss the moon goodbye
But don't close your eyes, your eyes
It's the end of the night
But the beginning of time, for you and I

8. B.E.A.T (B.E.A.T, (pronounced as Beat instead of an individual letter acronym, is another club infused track, just like Birthday and Slow Down. I like Beat, but because it's so similar to Birthday and Slow Down, I don't have too much to say about it, other than the fact that it's another creative dance song. My favorite lines:
Automatic, dance-natic, I can get enough
I can get enough, I can get enough, of that beat in my face

9. Write your Name (Write your Name is the most romantic song on the album. Selena describes Write your name as being about a long distance couple who still keep in touch and love each other deeply, no matter how far apart they are. My favorite lines:
Write your name across my heart
Write your name over every part
And we could be worlds apart
Write your name across my heart

10. Undercover (Undercover isn't one of my absolute favorites from this album, though I still like some of it. To me the meaning is about a girl who wants to be close to her crush or a guy that she likes in someplace where no one else can get to them. I like this line from it:
I want you..
...all to myself,
I want you all to myself
And nobody else, yeah,
You don't need no other lover,
We can keep it undercover

11. Love Will Remember (Love Will Remember is a great song. It's about remembering love instead of hate, and Selena said it can be about friendship too, as well as being about a couple. My favorite lines:
Break down the walls,
Let heaven in.
Somewhere in forever
We'll dance again.

I hope you enjoyed reading my review, as much as I enjoyed putting it together. There are four bonus songs from the deluxe version, which I own, I'm not going to review those yet, but they do have some great qualities to them. The bonus songs are:
1. Nobody does it like you
2. Music feels better
3. Lover in me
4. I like it that way

So, that's it. Feel free to add your thoughts : )
Jesus Christ is awesome <3

Be yourself, don't let anybody tell you that you're not worth anything-Selena Gomez

mojoboy31

Re: My music review: Stars Dance album by Selena Gomez

Postby mojoboy31 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Hmmmm... I'm getting the impression that you like Gomez's music.... ; P

Nice review.
"I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."
-Excerpt from Hebrews Chapter Thirteen~ The Bible

Narnian525
Regular user

Re: My music review: Stars Dance album by Selena Gomez

Postby Narnian525 » Fri May 02, 2014 6:58 pm

Jesus Christ is awesome <3

Be yourself, don't let anybody tell you that you're not worth anything-Selena Gomez

Return to “Music”