[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Tim Burton - Jesus Geeks

Tim Burton

If ya watch em, talk about em

Moderators: gwenhyver42, ~Ęlmįrą~, Dadinator, mojoboy31, Demonhunter, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gwenhyver42

Tim Burton

Postby gwenhyver42 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:34 am

mojoboy31

Re: Tim Burton

Postby mojoboy31 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:55 pm

Of the movies you mentioned, I've only seen James and the Giant Peach, which I don't even hardly remember
Batman Returns (though he only produced it. Joel Schumacher directed it.),
and Big Fish. I haven't seen it in years and years, and only saw it once. It's the kind of movie you'd need to see more than once to fully understand. But I remember enjoying it when I saw it.

I've also seen the first Batman, which Burton directed, but did not produce. It was good for its time, but it has not held up well. Everything looks cheesy, the acting is stiff, and Jack Nicholson is the only well cast part in the film. Michael does okay, but not great, and Kim Basinger as Vicky Vale? The comic book character had always been famous for her red hair. Why make her blond?
I know most of you have probably at least seen bits and pieces of it, and likely don't care, but I'll throw a spoiler tag up anyway.

As for Tim Burton's style... I like the whimsical nature of his work (Batman excluded. There was nothing whimsical about it, it was dark and gritty). But I don't care for the dark nature in them. I get that strange isn't necessarily bad, and I respect people willing to be strange, but I just much care for Burton's typical darkness.
"I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."
-Excerpt from Hebrews Chapter Thirteen~ The Bible

Princess Dee
Regular user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Princess Dee » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:01 pm

I've seen Alice in Wonderland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I thought Charlie was okay, but I really liked Alice. Both were very well done.

I have seen a few bits and pieces of some of the other ones, but not enough that they were memorable.

@Mojo:
John 3:16 ~ Romans 12:2
I'm with you till the end of the line...
The only thing I want to do with your hair is to get out of it. Lit-er-ally.
...to boldly go where no man has gone before.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:04 am

I did see that Batman movie... Jack Nicholson was clearly the best part of the entire movie. He plays an excellent villain. But yes... cheesie, dark, and definitely out of character.

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:05 am

"I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."
-Excerpt from Hebrews Chapter Thirteen~ The Bible

Narnian525
Regular user

Postby Narnian525 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:16 am

I love The Nightmare before Christmas.
Jesus Christ is awesome <3

Be yourself, don't let anybody tell you that you're not worth anything-Selena Gomez

Return to “TV / Movies”