[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Chess - Jesus Geeks

Chess

We did not mean bored! Talk about your favorite games or organize one. Why not take a 'RISK'. Don't get tossed into a Dungeon with a Dragon!!!

Moderators: gwenhyver42, ~Ęlmįrą~, Dadinator, mojoboy31, Demonhunter, admin

gwenhyver42

Chess

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:53 am

By no means do I have all the terminology and whatnot of this game stored up in my mind, but I did break out the chess set earlier to play a game against myself. No one won –– it was one of those "KILL ALL THE PIECES!" games... and there was no way to bring about a checkmate for either side.

~Ęlmįrą~
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Chess

Postby ~Ęlmįrą~ » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:27 pm

I like chess, but I haven't ever played by myself.
sieges weathered,
fight together,
friends forever.

~On the handle of a switchblade

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:39 pm

Demonhunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Demonhunter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:36 pm

I haven't played chess in ages I remember the first time I played my Dad I won because of a pawn.
I haven't beaten him since.
Saving people, hunting things. The family business.

Dadinator

Postby Dadinator » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:04 pm

That was the last time I did not pay attention because I was playing a tadpole.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:10 pm

DH, I feel your pain. Trust me, it will pass. One of these days, you will beat him at chess. Just keep trying... I know, because my dad used to win at Scrabble nearly every single game. It wasn't until a few years ago that I started beating him at Scrabble...

Demonhunter

Postby Demonhunter » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:33 pm

I will work on my skizzzllles.

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:55 am

Chess is a fantastic... I have a hard time calling it a game, because the skills you learn are so useful. I love Chess. I'm terrible, but I love it anyway.

I think you play online through yahoo... Hmmmmm....
"I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."
-Excerpt from Hebrews Chapter Thirteen~ The Bible

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Demonhunter

Postby Demonhunter » Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 pm

A friend of mine has a really nice chess set that his grandmother bought him.

Princess Dee
Regular user

Postby Princess Dee » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:01 pm

I love chess! My brother and I play sometimes. He's better than me, but sometimes I whip out some secret skills and win. :)

I don't believe I have ever played myself...I'd probably be bored and not even get to the "Kill all the Pieces!" point, Gwen!
John 3:16 ~ Romans 12:2
I'm with you till the end of the line...
The only thing I want to do with your hair is to get out of it. Lit-er-ally.
...to boldly go where no man has gone before.

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 pm

I once set my computer's difficulty all the way up, and played against it... I stalemated it...

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:18 pm

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:26 pm

lol. I did "undo" once or twice... :-

Princess Dee
Regular user

Postby Princess Dee » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:10 pm

John 3:16 ~ Romans 12:2
I'm with you till the end of the line...
The only thing I want to do with your hair is to get out of it. Lit-er-ally.
...to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Return to “Board Games”