[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Guidlines for life on Jesus Geeks - Jesus Geeks

Guidlines for life on Jesus Geeks

Moderators: gwenhyver42, ~Ęlmįrą~, Dadinator, mojoboy31, Demonhunter, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dadinator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Guidlines for life on Jesus Geeks

Postby Dadinator » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 pm

The purpose of this site, besides the discussion of books and the writing thereof, is to a family friendly Christ centered place to play and talk. Christ centered does not mean that this is a place where Christians can come and not be bothered by questions.
This is the perfect place for questions.
Will those questions be answered by the Geeks here?
Maybe, maybe not.
Will those questions be answered in a perfect and most satisfactory way by all considered?
Maybe, maybe not.
Are there questions that can not be asked here?
Yes, questions that are designed to belittle others and their faith, attack others and their beliefs and other questions of that ilk have no place here.
Should the questions have been asked in this specific thread?
Yes.
Once the depth of the discusstion was realized should it have stayed here?
No, and it has been moved to a better area.
If you do not like the question or the topic being discussed you have a few options.
Ignore that section
Report the topic to the moderators
Respectfully weigh in and provide your point of view

Life is about questions and learning. God asked Job many questions during their discussion at the end of his ordeal. I have always counseled others (for over the past 24 years) to always ask questions about God, their faith, the bible. I have also counseled them to read and study the bible for the answers in addition to what others have to say. Judge Deborah and I have found that reading the same passage of the bible again at a different time of our lives can give it a whole new level of meaning and ourselves a new perspective.
The biggest Rules here and in my life is contained in the following verses:
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Mark 12:28-31 (KJV)

All of us here are not necessarily Christians. Some Geeks, I believe, are atheists, agnostics, possibly wiccans, maybe humanists. Who knows we could even have a Buddhist and others here. Does it matter? No. My best friend growing up is a Pagan Shaman/Wiccan, you should hear the discussions we have had over there. Do I agree with his beliefs? No. Do I agree with his right to have those beliefs? Yes. Does he agree with my beliefs? No. Does he agree with my right to have those beliefs? Yes. Some of us here are Church Hurt. Some have been part of churchs that were cultlike or actual cults. Their and My questions and responses may be charged with great emotion because Bedrock truths that were supposed to be unchangeable in their lives were shown to be just so much crumbling mud. People they trusted may have betrayed them and their faith. Lets face it, Faith is important to everyone's day to day life. You have faith that the alarm clock will go off, the car will start, the air will be breathable, and that gravity will hold them to the earth. They may not have faith in the God of the bible, or that faith may have been shaken.
No matter what the background of the Geek, the questions asked here should be considered an opportunity to love them and give them the best information we have. What they choose to do with the information is up to them. We all however, need to love everyone here enough to allow them to question and explore without fear of attack or other problems. Otherwise we are not following Jesus' command(see above) and we are perpetuating the 'Christian' stereotype that is so prevalent in the world.
If the discussion in a topic becomes too much for someone they can always bow out of it. Simply say that the topic is pushing your buttons and you are sorry and are exiting the discussion at that time.(or something to that effect).

We want everyone here to feel SAFE asking the questions they need to.

I know that I personally have participated in discussions here that I and others were very passionate about. There were times I took a little extra time to choose my words because I knew that I was close to my eject button. It was not because of what the others were saying but because I felt that I was having a hard time being objective about that topic. There is no shame in not taking part of a discussion or exiting one (preferably gracefully).

I will be posting this in a few places and including it as part of the rules and regs.

If you have any questions or comments or clarifications let me know.

Thank you all for listening to my rant

Dadinator

Due to spammers some changes have been made to Jesus Geeks forums.

1. When you register you will only have access to the Welcome forum.
2. Post there letting us know who you are and why you want to be on our forums.
3. If you are believed not to be a spammer you will be granted access.
4. If you are a spammer you will be banned. We check I.P. addresses.

Thou shalt not post anything sexually explicit. This is a family friendly forum, so please exercise discretion.

Thou shalt not spam the forums. This is a forum board, not a free place to advertise.

Thou should be tolerant towards one another, and be careful not to offend.

Thou should also remember not to take personally, anything that may offend them. The poster may not have meant any offense.

Be nice to thy neighbor.

No cursing.

No stalking.

Thou shalt not harass others.

Thou shalt stay on topic, anything off topic or in the wrong category will either be moved to a new thread or shifted to the proper category.

Thou shalt not steal.. Thou shalt not plagiarize the authors here. Each member who posts their work here owns that work in part and in total. The work is copyrighted as of the publishing on this system if not copyrighted prior.

Return to “Rules and Regulations”