[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Shakespeare - Jesus Geeks

Shakespeare

Discuss your favorite authors

Moderators: gwenhyver42, ~Ęlmįrą~, Dadinator, mojoboy31, Demonhunter, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gwenhyver42

Shakespeare

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:44 pm

The ultimate in playwriting, Shakespeare... I was first addicted to his work back in high school, which was added to by a local theater's involvement with our drama department. For a time, it even effected my writing (and it still does). The Bard of Avon is to blame for my understanding of trial by combat, medieval politics, and even a few obscure words from Old English. I've been in productions of Twelfth Night and Richard III, and I can't quite say how many of his plays I've read.

Eskarina
Regular user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shakespeare

Postby Eskarina » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm a huge fan. My favorite play is Mrechant of Venice, but I also love some of the tragedies like Titus Andronicus for the horror movie type stuff. Where else will you find a play about a guy who cuts off the head off his enemy, bakes it in a pie, and feeds it to the guy's mother?

Currently I'm reading Hamlet for class and working on a paper about daughter figures in renaissance plays that heavily references Shakespeare.
So much universe, so little time...

~Ęlmįrą~

Postby ~Ęlmįrą~ » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:46 pm

I've never read Shakespeare. I got a book of his plays once, but never got around to reading it.
sieges weathered,
fight together,
friends forever.

~On the handle of a switchblade

Dadinator

Postby Dadinator » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Shakespeare, isn't that that fumbly palace guard in England who is always dropping things?

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:09 pm

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Also, I recently watched Coriolanus. My eyes were glued to the screen. It was AMAZING.

Eskarina
Regular user

Postby Eskarina » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Rozencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead is wonderful play.

I don't think Hamlet has been overdone, but then, I'm picky about the versions of these plays I watch, I do agree with you on the other three. I actually just find Romeo and Juliet to be a vapid, terrible play.

I'm realy looking forward to Joss Wheedon's Much Ado About Nothing, I also hear there's a version with Catherine Tate and David Tennant in it.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Eskarina
Regular user

Postby Eskarina » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:12 pm

*whispers* Do not tell my professors but I have yet to read a single history all the way through. bad me. Very, very bad.

Have you seen The Complete Works of Shakespeare abridged?

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Eskarina
Regular user

Postby Eskarina » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:50 am

Because they are awesome.

I saw a local theater company performing it in our community park. They incorporated a lot of local culture, which made it even better. For instance, halfway through two of the performers nipped over to the Occupy*Esk'sCity* tent a couple blocks away at the statehouse. When they came back they told us about ShoooperAwesme! Brownies the occupies gave them.

They also did the Merchant of Venice with the best Lancelot character I have ever seen.

Demonhunter

Postby Demonhunter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 pm

To be or not to be that is not the question.
A chrysanthemum by any other name would be easier to spell.
Saving people, hunting things. The family business.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:18 pm

Demonhunter

Postby Demonhunter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 pm

I picked that one up years ago not sure if I heard it from Dadinator first.
Saving people, hunting things. The family business.

Return to “Authors”