[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Hunger Games Trilogy - Page 2 - Jesus Geeks

Hunger Games Trilogy

discuss your favorite books here

Moderators: gwenhyver42, ~Ęlmįrą~, Dadinator, mojoboy31, Demonhunter, admin

gwenhyver42

Re: Hunger Games Trilogy

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:34 am

I think you mean Katniss and Gale... lol.
I kind of half agree, half disagree. See, I have a certain friend (who will remain anonymous, even though he's not here), who I really started getting to know when we were both twelve. We became nigh inseperable. We'd exchange notes, emails, IM's, talk endlessly, etc. We'd seek each other out when we each knew the other would be there. We were, in essence, best friends. What I didn't know was that he was not still thinking "just friends" a few years later down the road. It was not until I made a particular comment and saw the look in his eye, that I really got the message. Can we say, "Ouch"? At any rate, there is usually only so far you can go in that sort of friendship before it starts to resemble something else. Now, this person is still very near and dear to my heart, and we still keep in touch, but it's not at the same deepness of friendship that we had back then. So in a way, I kind of understand the whole "Gale" thing from Katniss's perspective. Kind of.

Narnian525
Regular user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Narnian525 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:35 am

Though I disagree with love being staged, I loved the description of Katniss's wedding dress in that scene.
Jesus Christ is awesome <3

Be yourself, don't let anybody tell you that you're not worth anything-Selena Gomez

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:40 am

"I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."
-Excerpt from Hebrews Chapter Thirteen~ The Bible

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:43 am

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 am

I don't know. lol. I know I make a bigger stink than anybody about love triangles, but I just hate them. And I hate that they seem to be a requirement in any kind of fiction nowadays. Even in Christian fiction. Even in Christian YA fiction, you can't get away from triangles.

Dadinator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dadinator » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:02 am

the friend zone ouch.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:16 am

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:59 am

It's funny how that's all people wind up remembering. Not what brought it about, but the moment after.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:02 am

Right. And believe me, when I realized that it had been a sudden realization for him, and how it impacted him.... Unf.

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:08 am

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:11 am

Unfortunately, yes.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 pm

So this strikes me funny: I am currently almost at the end of Catching Fire, in which the stakes are much higher than in the first book, and... The winter Olympics are going on in Russia... and I've taken to listening to NPR now and then (only station I seem to like semi-consistently these days –– plus, the station that carries Car Talk). Guess what they were talking about this morning? That's right... Putin, Russia, and the Olympics. And I can't help but think also of the Hunger Games as I listen.

Princess Dee
Regular user

Postby Princess Dee » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:15 pm

John 3:16 ~ Romans 12:2
I'm with you till the end of the line...
The only thing I want to do with your hair is to get out of it. Lit-er-ally.
...to boldly go where no man has gone before.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:18 pm

It's eerie... Really. Russia has a reputation for propaganda, etc., and I sometimes wonder if the Cold War ever really ended.

Princess Dee
Regular user

Postby Princess Dee » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:19 pm

John 3:16 ~ Romans 12:2
I'm with you till the end of the line...
The only thing I want to do with your hair is to get out of it. Lit-er-ally.
...to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Return to “Favorite books”