[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Currently Reading - Page 21 - Jesus Geeks

Currently Reading

discuss your favorite books here

Moderators: gwenhyver42, ~Ęlmįrą~, Dadinator, mojoboy31, Demonhunter, admin

gwenhyver42

Re: Currently Reading

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 am

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:36 pm

"I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."
-Excerpt from Hebrews Chapter Thirteen~ The Bible

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Yeah, library returns are the bane of my reading motivation. lol.

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:16 pm

I hear ya.

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:56 am

Currently on chapter three of Hunger Games.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:07 pm

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:15 pm

I got over the halfway point 'fore I went to sleep.

It's good. I like her prose, the first person, present tense is great. Her characterization could use some work, I think. I'm getting sick of wanting to reach inside the book to slap Katniss in the back of the head... And my biggest complaint. severely lacking in dialogue. And not just that there isn't much, but what's there isn't all that great.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Thought you'd like that bit.
Some, probably. Katniss, while intriguing, can come across as being a bit "ordinary" (even with her hunting skills). Gale definitely feels "flat" to me. I think her characters get a little more fleshed out as it goes along.
And I can agree with you on slapping her upside the head.... lol.
Well, it is kind of hard to get good dialogue in when your main character is trying to avoid everyone else......

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:56 pm

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:00 pm

True...
I had a feeling you'd relate to Peeta... Really, really, had a deep gut feeling...

This is true, but she is, by nature, very quiet... and I'm not sure I'd want to get "chatty" with someone I might have to kill.

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:11 pm

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Just finished Hunger Games book one... If the ending is any indication, I'll likely be in for a lot of groaning in books two and three ; P

Narnian525
Regular user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Narnian525 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 pm

My daily Bible readings: Matthew 12, Leviticus 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 and Proverbs 26, 27 and 28
Jesus Christ is awesome <3

Be yourself, don't let anybody tell you that you're not worth anything-Selena Gomez

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:37 pm

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:45 pm

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Favorite books”