[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 590: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 646: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1068: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5129: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3839)
Currently Reading - Page 4 - Jesus Geeks

Currently Reading

discuss your favorite books here

Moderators: gwenhyver42, ~Ęlmįrą~, Dadinator, mojoboy31, Demonhunter, admin

Eskarina
Regular user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Currently Reading

Postby Eskarina » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:27 pm

I guess writers are my personal heros. When I find out they aren't what I expected it disappoints me.
So much universe, so little time...

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:25 pm

"I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you."
-Excerpt from Hebrews Chapter Thirteen~ The Bible

Taliesin
Part Timer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Taliesin » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:52 am

Are we not allowed to dislike a person when they show that they have horrible beliefs about people that are human beings like them?

How would you feel if he was making racist remarks, or it turned out he was part of the KKK...

There are reasons to dislike people and find them worth arguing against. I can understand the interviewer's vitriol.

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Eskarina
Regular user

Postby Eskarina » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 pm

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

Am I the only one here who does this...?

Demonhunter

Postby Demonhunter » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 pm

So we went to a book club for poison study by Maria v Snyder so we get an invite to meet her at an event next month.
At the end our librarian gave those of us who don't own a copy of the book a free copy so we can get a book signed.
Saving people, hunting things. The family business.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 pm

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:13 pm

When I checked out Boneman's Daughters by Dekker from the library. All the books many, many typos and mistakes, and missing words, and wrong words were corrected with pencil, lol!

Eskarina
Regular user

Postby Eskarina » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Nice. Yeah, I mark all my good books up like this. It's my way of showing appreciation for well chosen words. The bad ones are also marked up, although they are usually digital copies. According to iBooks I wrote "NO!" And "What?" several dozen times in both City of Bones and 50 Shades of Gray.

gwenhyver42

Postby gwenhyver42 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:30 pm

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Books are so cool in that way. They become personal things, they become a part of you. There's nothing else like them.

Eskarina
Regular user

Postby Eskarina » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 pm

What is really fun is to going back to older books and finding notes I wrote when younger and seeing how my thoughts have changed over the years since I last read it. It gets interesting when a book I used to love becomes something I now disagree with, or even dislike.

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:34 pm

~Ęlmįrą~

Postby ~Ęlmįrą~ » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:16 pm

sieges weathered,
fight together,
friends forever.

~On the handle of a switchblade

mojoboy31

Postby mojoboy31 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Aside from Mass Effect, and the Batman Arkham series... I can't think of any other video games that I'd rank up there with books. (the Arkham series were written by Paul Dini. A.KA one of the best Batman writers ever! He ran the Batman Animated series in the 90's, and the Justice League animated series of the 00's. And has written bunches of completely awesome comics.)

Return to “Favorite books”